Wednesday, March 21, 2007

x-rays on the road side

So I learned more about my post yesterday.

I will be teaching in 3 elementary schools. I am so glad about that. I really wanted to be with the younger kids. Everyone says its the BEST!! And I am really glad I only have 3 schools cause some people have got like 10!!!! It will not be too confusing so thats good. I also decided to buy into the school lunch program. It costs 250yen per day, which is really cheap and I will be eating with the kids so that will be fun.
OH! And I was asked to go on an interview for an all girls privet middle school job. This is an honer because privet schools are very selective about who they higher and I was specifically chosen. BUT, I probably will not get it cause they really want the other candidate (this British girl) but they always ask the company for two candidates and I was asked to be the other. So they told me to be prepared to have this job, but not to get my hopes up because I probably will not get it. I go to the interview on Wednesday. I am kinda nervous, but like 5 people are coming with me from the company, along with my boss (EEK!) so we will see. If I dont get the job, thats fine, I just want to do a good job at the interview.

OK so we had health checks done today. It was a hilarious experience!!! They basically set up a hospital in the banquet room here at the hotel. All these Japanese nurses and doctors had different stations and we went around to have blood taken, check our eyes, check our heart and finally.....have a chest x-ray!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH it was so funny cause we had to walk down the street to a bus parked on the side of the road to have it done. Today was a national holiday and the streets were so crowded with people visiting the Senso-ji temple that is right by the hotel and there I was in this bus getting x-rayed. It was weird and really funny.

Last night I went to Roppongi which I really did not want to do, but everyone else was going so I did too. Roppongi is kind of a tourist hotspot and the place were lots of foreigners hang out. But I had a good time anyway.

I think tonight I want to go to Akihabara or Ueno, even if no one else does.

OK well I got to get ready to go to training. Today is when they crack down on us! EEK, its been pretty easy so far.

Ja mata to ne!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl! Thats funny bout the Xrays! Sounds like u are busy busy. I really like how you have done your page it looks marvelous!
Email me when ya can! <3 <3
_natalie