Friday, March 23, 2007

what baby eels taste like.....



So I just had my first go at Karaoke here in Japan. It was HILARIOUS!!!!!
First of all EVERYONE in into Karaoke here. And when I say everyone I mean everyone. The people in the line behind us to book a room were a group of 3 middle aged business men, a young couple, and a 6 year old child's birthday party group and this was at 9 at night!!! The lay out is basically like a hotel, you book different sized rooms for like $20 for a hour split up between four. The drinks and food are cheap, and sometimes it's all you can drink.
Well it was a laugh anyway.

OK so yesterday I had a nasty surprise with my lunch. I was eating rice balls, which I love (its a ball of rice with different things inside) I grabbed one with seaweed and sesame, I was munching away in my room really enjoying it when.......I looked down and noticed that one of the pieces of rice looked funny. I pulled it out to have a closer look, it had two eyes and a little tail with fins!!! FINS PEOPLE FINES!!!! I looked closer at my rice ball and saw it was filled with this little baby creatures, they looked like tiny eels!! YUCK! YUCK YUCK!!!! that thing went in the trash and I almost lost the rest of my lunch to the toilet. The food here is really exciting and delicious, BUT it can be really unappetising too. They put raw egg on just about everything. I had it yesterday on my rice and fried chicken. Right now, I am not a fan, but I just need to get used to it. It is the way people eat here.

Two more days of training left. Honestly I will be really said. I am going to miss being around everyone that I have met in training. I also really like the area.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA thats funny marj... well I sure am glad that you are writing in your blog, so at least I know what you are up to even if I haven't heard from you in a while!
yeah for Japan!

Anonymous said...

EW EEL! You know i would flip out and puke haha! u held it together pretty good! IM suprised u didnt like it =-P