Saturday, January 6, 2007

I have been watching a lot of classic films lately.
A LOT of TCM. I have always been into classic films, but recently, I am obsessed.
It’s all I do. (My mamma knows all the funny stories about the actors and films; she is a classic film expert!!)
I just love the movie fashion of the 20s 30s and 40s. I love the way people talked in the films. It was all quick witted, sarcastic one liners. I love the strong, funny, smart female leads.
The world was just so much cooler in black and white.

Recently I have seen some good films.




“It happened one night” with Clark Gable and Claudette Colbert. Did you know: he had horrible halitosis breath. He used to gross out all his co-stars. (You can see the gross out on Vivien Leigh's face in some shots in "Gone with the Wind")



“Swing Time” With Fred and Ginger. This is an old favorite of mine. It has some of their best dance sequences. I love all the songs and Ginger Rodgers is one of my favorite actresses of all time!
In this film the pair performed one of their most famous dance scenes over 30 times (it’s up and down a flight of stairs mind you). Gingers danced till her shoes were full of blood. (YEAH! The girl is dancing in heels!) They had it almost perfect on the first take but the shot was ruined cause Fred’s toupee fell off at the end of the dance!! HAHAHAHAH



“Red Headed Women”
WOW what a movie! They recently re-released this film on TV with added racy scene that were taken before censorship. It’s about a slutty gold digging secretary played by Jean Harlow. She was married to a director (Paul Bern) who was probably gay and possibly impotent; anyway he killed himself 2 months after they were married!! She was only 26 when she died. You hear about her a lot, but she only did a few movies. (and in the short time she was alive, she managed to have three husbends.)
Do it girl, do it!

No comments: