Sunday, November 18, 2007

Sat night out

Note: a wise fellow blogger creates nick names for those she writes about, so that their identities stay relatively anonymous. So from now on I have decided to do the same so that I can write more freely about my social circle over here.

I had a pretty awesome weekend.
I dont often write about the sort of normal nights out that I have here in Tokyo. But I think I will start to document them. They wont be of much interest to you guys, but its fun for me to write about them and have them documented here.
It was a friends Birthday. We all met up in Shibuya at the Elephant Cafe, sort of Asian Fusion, we did a set menu and nomihodai (all you can drink). It was a really good time. I met some new people which is always great and got to hang out with my lil group of girls who I am growing to love more and more each week we spend together. A, You, JJ, T-cat, & M. After dinner we moved on to karaoke. I have to say I really love karaoke.
(If you come out to karaoke with me the things I am most likely to sing are: Norah Jones "dont know why"; Dusty Springfield "Son of a Preacher man"; Stevie Nicks "Dreams"; something by Madonna or Fiona Apple and probably Micheal Jackson.)
It was a really large group of us though, maybe 20 in all, so I only sang two songs, but still had such a good time. At some point we were joined by a few more folks including a young man dressed as a dinosaur. That was weird, but funny. After karaoke about 7 of us went back and crashed at JJ place. The party kept on going when we got there, drinking game, scrabble and lots of horsing around till about 4am. I fell asleep on the couch and kind of half participated in it all. Everyone slept till about 10. I woke up not feeling too bad, but everyone else was suffering. I cleaned JJs flat while everyone else went back to sleep. I felt really bad for JJ cause she lives with roommates and we kinda trashed the place, and they are all always so nice about letting people stay over and so I decided to give back a little by scrubbing their kitchen sink.
After cleaning, me and T-cat headed out together for the station around 3. But we decided to stop of at a kombini on the way, which turned into having coffee, which turned into having dinner at Zest a tex mex place, which turned into having desert at the kombini and finally hopping onto the Yamanote line and heading of on our different routs home.

I am back at my flat in inaka Japan. But its always nice to come home, even if no one is here. My little loft bed is so comfy and I am reading a really good book right now, The Northern Lights. I like it a lot. I am going to crawl in bed now and read it.
Oyasumi

No comments: