Friday, December 28, 2007


Well I have had a very unconventional Christmas this year. But I have to say it has been a really REALLY great one.
Typically Christmas day is spent having dinner at home with family, opening presents and lazying around. Which is fine, its wonderful in fact. I love Christmas for these reasons. But when you dont have family around, its great that you can turn to friends to share the holidays with.


First there was Js house party on Xmas Eve Eve. It was a mellow secret Santa thing with dinner and drinks. Everyone ended having such a good time I guess cause everyone just ended up crashing at Js. I met some new people which was great. The next day, Xmas Eve, I took myself Xmas shopping. I hit up my favorite used English bookstore out here. I bought 5 books and a CD. Its nice to buy your own presents. Then you get just what you wanted.

Then I met up with a group of friends on Xmas day. We had dinner at a shamelessly American restaurant in Ropongi, which was what everyone was in the mood for. Then we crossed the street to relax and keep on drinking in a sheesha bar. The bar cleared out at around 12 (Last train) but we just decided to keep on going. We danced and danced and some smoke. Then we left the sheesha behind in favor or more dancing. We went to some bar/club and continued to dance. Even though western pop/dance/hip hop in Japanese bars and clubs is usually 3 years old, it was still an awesome night.

And now I an exhausted and will need a vacation from my vacation.

Hope everyone had a great Xmas too!

No comments: