Thursday, October 25, 2007

Undokai "GO SHIRO KUMI!"


Lets go shiro kumi lets go!!

I got to participate in one of my gakkos undokai (sports festival). Its kinda like field day but way more intense. The whole school is divided into two teams. White and Red. I was on the white team (*we won, by the way!!! YEAH!) The kids participate in a series of races and games. Some of which are a bit scary and very dangerous!! Then the grades do dances. The 1st and 2nd graders did a dance with pompoms to some Jpop tune. The 3rd and 4th graders did a dance with wooden sticks from Okinawa. And the 5th and 6th graders did a marching band thing, with color guard and all. I also ran in one of the races!! I ran my butt off. It was called "Lets Run" or something like that. The kids run up and grab a card. Each card has a teacher or students name on it. Then the kid racing has to run and find that person and they have to both run across the finish line together. I laughed so hard i think it slowed me and my partner down. I also lead one of the games. I called out a color or a fruit to the 3rd graders and they had to run up and grab the right ball and then do like a spoon and egg race with it. Anyway, I had a great time.

Visit my Picsa gallary for more pics, I have tons of cute ones.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Marjoriebyrd/Undokai

No comments: