Monday, May 7, 2007

Kurejito Karudo…….SUWAIPU!

Kurejito Karudo…… SUWAIPU!!!

Well for those of you who are not familiar with this "adorable" little trick Japanese children like to play on each other and TEACHERS such as myself, I will tell you about it.

The kids put their hands together, like in prayer, and run up to you, wedging it in your rear. Sometimes a cute little phrase accompanies the act. "kurejito karudo…SWAIPU" (credit card….swipe). Sometimes no phrase is necessary; the act is funny enough on its own. Anyway, I had my first experience with this the other day.

A very enterprising little boy set out a carefully planned trap and caught me hook line and sinker. I was outside waving goodbye to the kids and they gathered together in there walking groups(the kids don't take buses, but gather in groups of students walking in the same direction and a parent comes and picks up the group and walks them both to and from school) So I was waving goodbye and a little boy stopped. He turned around and removed a notebook from his bag. Smiling slyly, he chucked it in my direction and it slide just past me. I bent down to get it for him I should have been suspicious) just as I bent down he CHARGED for my butt, hands clasped. I stud up just in time and did not get it too bad, but yeah. MAN it was weird. They told us about it at the orientation and I knew about it from before. But for some reason, I never thought it would happen to ME! That little boy was SMART! I got it from a little girl a day later!!!! EEEK! And I have heard that boys have it a lot worse. The kids grab them in another place as well!!!! Not Joking!

Welcome to Japan, where the kids molest there teachers!

Another variation is the kanchyo. This one is carried out slightly differently. The fingers form a gun.

5 comments:

Lauren Hudgins said...

So our kancho count so far is three.
You, Corey, and Jon.
You are all taking it in very good humor. I'm not sure I would. I'm also paranoid and watch myself on the stairs. I know my ass is bigger than your normal Japanese lady and so probably a rather tempting target.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

i don't know what else to say.

-darcy

Anonymous said...

damn kids. Hilarious though!
...come home now ok?
xoxo
-Lauren

Anonymous said...

This has made my day!!! I cannot stop laughing and imagining your face as this happened.

Love you
Mia

Anonymous said...

Marjie! id freak if someone did that to me! so funny haha